Guidance and Other Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- These FAQs address a variety of issues related to budgeting and reporting grant funds. The use of grant funds depends upon the particular grant, and questions about the appropriate use of funds should be directed to the program office responsible for the grant.
- Fiscal Guidelines for Federal and State Grants (Revised
- The Guidelines provide general information regarding the financial management of State and federal grants by local agencies, including the financial forms required for grants and allowable costs.
- A Guide to Grants Administration
and Implementation Resources
- This Guide offers more detailed information about the fiscal requirements for State and federal grants, including the responsibilities of local agencies' grant coordinators and business offices.
- Funding and Grants from SED
- Payment and Accounting Information for Grants
Funded by ARRA (Updated 6/5/13)
- Policy Advisory - Agency Registration in the Federal System for Award Management
- This January 2013 notice informs agencies receiving grants from the State Education Department of the requirement to obtain a DUNS number and register in the federal System for Award Management.
- Policy Advisory - Interest Earned on Federal Funds
- This September 2009 notice informs local agencies receiving grants from
the State Education Department of the requirement to return
interest earned on cash advances.
- Policy Advisory - FS-25 Payments for Federal and State Grants
- This June 2009 notice informs local agencies of a policy change in the use of form FS-25 Request for Funds and provides guidance regarding requirements for receiving funds for anticipated expenditures using form FS-25.
- Policy Advisory
- FS-10-F Short Form Documentation Requirements
- This July 2008 notice establishes documentation requirements for the FS-10-F
Short Form final expenditure report.
- Policy Advisory - Allocating and Billing Central
Service Costs to Grants
- This 2001 advisory describes the requirements for billing central service costs to federal or State grants.
- Policy Advisory - Grant Reporting Requirements for Equipment Purchases
- This 2005 advisory clarifies the change in federal regulations regarding the dollar threshold for classifying an item as equipment.
- Federal Education Grants Management Requirements (687 KB)
- This presentation from the law firm Brustein & Manasevit covers numerous issues, from cash management requirements to monitoring, audits, and enforcement.
- Links to SED Offices, Other Agencies and Publications
June 5, 2013