Information Technology Specialist 1, SG-14 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department's (NYSED) Chief Financial Officer’s Office of Financial Administration is seeking applicants for an Information Technology Specialist 1 position. Major responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guide staff and all NYSED employees through the transition from the current travel reimbursement application to full-use and understanding of the Statewide Financial System - People Soft travel reimbursement application;
- Supervise the Travel Unit support staff;
- Evaluate training materials, applications, and tools best used, and subsequent training of staff and employees;
- Identify and coordinate all scenarios that must be run through test environment to ensure smooth transition;
- Prepare and maintain information shared via the Travel Unit website; and
- Provide ongoing support for users of training software and new travel application.
Reassignment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 1.
§52.6 Transfer: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-12 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
§70.1 Transfer: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Assistant or Senior Computer Operator.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 1 eligible list may be considered for appointment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $54,678 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 31, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Box number (CFO-269/01772) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer