Education Finance Specialist 3, SG-25 (PEF)
(Open to current NYS employees only)
The New York State Education Department's (NYSED) Office of Contracts is seeking applicants for an Education Finance Specialist 3 position. The incumbent will work under the direction of the Executive Deputy Commissioner. Major responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the development of contracts in cooperation with the Procurement Office, Grants Finance, and other offices throughout NYSED, that meet program needs and are consistent with all State and federal rules, regulations, and policies;
- Oversee the submission of requests for single or sole source contracts to the Office of the State Comptroller;
- Ensure timely collection and maintenance of documentation and systems necessary to NYSED and State contracting processes;
- Serve as the NYSED liaison with the Office of the State Comptroller, Attorney General and other State agencies with regard to contract related matters; and
- Provide advice and assistance about contracting to internal and external customers.
Reassignment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Finance Specialist 3.
§70.1 Transfer: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Accountant, Associate Auditor, Associate Internal Auditor, Contract Management Specialist 2, Education Finance Specialist 2, Supervising Accountant, or Supervising Budgeting Analyst.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of the Budget approval.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $96,732 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 27, 2017 to email@example.com. Please include the Box number (CFO-287/60301) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer