EDUCATION PROGRAM ASSISTANT 1, SG-14 (PEF)
EDUCATION TRAINEE, NS (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Cultural Education is seeking applicants for an Education Program Assistant 1 position in the New York State Library. Under the direction of an Education Program Assistant 2, the incumbent of this position will support the Division of Library Development in the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of statewide library programs and services to 7,000 libraries. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist professional staff with the management and coordination of statewide library services programs;
- Assist with the coordination, management, and preparation of legal and regulatory guidance and policy materials related to libraries and library systems;
- Provide routine technical assistance to libraries and library systems;
- Review, process, and track mandated plans, applications, and reports;
- Assist with library grant-in-aid payment processes;
- Reply to written correspondence and personal or telephone inquiries by providing the required data or information;
- Generate complex reports and charts using library and program related data;
- Utilize software such as Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point as well as custom software;
- Assist program managers in developing program guidelines, instructions, fact sheets, summaries, and descriptions of grants awarded, grant notifications, and other program related materials for posting on the New York State Library’s website; and
- Handle routine details of program related meetings and group events, including site visits, mailings, program design, registration, training, written minutes and reports.
Reassignment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Program Assistant 1: One year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Trainee: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for transfer to Education Trainee if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-9 or higher AND have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) or Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) or Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list, the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list may be considered for appointment.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
The salary listed above applies to candidates appointed to Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Education Trainee 1 starts at $36,246 and for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Transfer candidates to Education Trainee and appointees from the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list, the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list will serve a two-year traineeship leading to the grade 14 salary level.
*Leads to a salary of $54,678 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 7, 2017 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OCE-1018/26036) in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer