EDUCATION PROGRAM ASSISTANT 1, SG-14 (PEF)
EDUCATION TRAINEE, NS (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Cultural Education is seeking applicants for an Education Program Assistant 1 position in the New York State Museum. The incumbent of this positon will report directly to the Director of Research and Collections and will perform entry level professional administrative work that supports scientific programs in the New York State Museum. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review federal, State, and private agency grant budget proposals and expenditure reports for accuracy and completeness before submission to the Deputy Commissioner’s Office;
- Develop data in response to inquiries from granting agencies, Department offices, or Division of Budget;
- Assist Museum Scientists with planning and organizing workshops and seminars for the general public, school groups, and other organizations;
- Collect fiscal information and data for reports and budget proposal recommendations;
- Utilize the Fiscal Tracking System, the State Financial System, and other tools to monitor and reconcile expenditures and compare spending against proposed expenditure plans;
- Generate complex reports utilizing various fiscal systems;
- Coordinate and complete travel and purchasing transaction paperwork for all Research & Collections program units;
- Coordinate procurement card spending and reconciliation for all Research & Collections program units and;
- Train Research & Collections staff in administrative procedures required for the operation of the unit.
Reassignment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Program Assistant 1: One year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Trainee: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for transfer to Education Trainee if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-9 or higher AND have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) or Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) or Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list, Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list, or the Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list may be considered for appointment.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
The salary listed above applies to candidates appointed to Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Education Trainee 1 starts at $36,246 and for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Transfer candidates to Education Trainee and appointees from the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list, the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list will serve a two-year traineeship leading to the grade 14 salary level.
*Leads to a salary of $54,678 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 7, 2017 to email@example.com (email applications are preferred). You must include the Box number (OCE-1019/26037) in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer