Project Coordinator for Teacher and Leader Effectiveness, M-3 (M/C)
The State Education Department’s Office of Higher Education is seeking candidates to fill a Project Coordinator position as part of the “Race to the Top” (RTTT) program. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for implementing new initiatives relating to teacher and school leader effectiveness, including one or more of the following projects: higher education faculty development program, teacher and principal preparation profiles, strengthening teacher and leader effectiveness, and teacher and principal evaluation. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the Department at meetings and public forums across the State and nation on topics such as performance-based assessments (including certification examinations and evaluation policies) and clinically rich teacher and leader preparation;
- Developing and conducting technical assistance and/or presentations, including webinars;
- Leading and/or participating in site visits to monitor the implementation of initiatives funded under our RTTT application;
- Preparing policy papers and talking points;
- Revising and developing regulations;
- Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with educator preparation providers, local education agencies, professional associations, and policy making groups on the interpretation of the new regulations or implementation of Department initiatives and Regents’ priorities related to Education Law §3012-c and applicable regulations;
- Collaborating with other Department managers and external partners to coordinate efforts toward improving local capacity to meet the requirements of Education Law §3012-c and applicable regulations; and
- Creating, maintaining and submitting reports required by the U.S. Department of Education as part of the RTTT grant program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a Master’s degree or higher and eight (8) years of progressively responsible professional experience which may include: supervising a team of professional staff and/or serving in a leadership role in an educational setting; serving as a faculty member in a teacher/leader education preparation program; or developing professional development and presenting at state, local and national conferences. Up to three (3) years of classroom teaching experience may be counted towards this requirement. An Ed.D. Or Ph.D. in education may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working with diverse stakeholders to implement educator effectiveness policies/programs leading to improved student outcomes. Outstanding project management skills. Experience playing a key role on teams meeting ambitious performance targets. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines. Willing to hold oneself personally accountable for results in a rapidly changing government context. Familiarity with national dialogue related to P-20 education reform efforts.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary appointment. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of Budget approval.
*Salary leads to $104,080 through annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (OHE-14865) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer