PRACTICE & REGISTRATION, SG-27 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Professions is seeking candidates for a Pharmacy Supervisor, Practice & Registration position within the Office of the Pharmacy Board. Under the general direction of the Executive Secretary of the State Boards for Midwifery and Pharmacy, the incumbent of this positon will be responsible for the registration of businesses involved in the sale of pharmaceuticals in New York State. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review applications for the registration of pharmacies and pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers, re-packers, and registered outsourcing facilities;
- Coordinate on-site inspections through the Office of Professional Discipline (OPD) in cases of initial registration, endorsements, transfers of ownership and approval of the issuance of registration certificates;
- Review and approve pharmacy internships required for admission to the practical portions of the pharmacy licensing examinations, including ordering of necessary investigations and verifications of experience through OPD;
- Coordinate activities for the New York State practical licensing exams at four centers located across New York State;
- Assist the Executive Secretary on all matters handled by the New York State Board for Pharmacy as well as represent and act on behalf of the New York State Board for Pharmacy at seminars of pharmacy, society meetings, conferences and in their absence, as needed;
- Respond to inquiries and complaints concerning registrations, the practice of pharmacy and all aspects of pharmaceuticals and related pharmaceutical laws;
- Refer complaints to OPD for investigation, as appropriate;
- Provide training to OPD investigative personnel on topics such pharmaceutical laws, pharmacy practices and registrations; and
- Review and approve applications for “free sale” certificates.
Section 70.1 Transfer: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Pharmacy Consultant.
Provisional Appointment: Candidates must possess a Pharmacist license and be currently registered to practice pharmacy in New York State AND have four years of post-licensure experience in pharmacy-related practices, two years of which must have been in an administrative capacity or as a supervisor of professional staff.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent or provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification and continued maintenance of Pharmacist license is required. Candidates must provide license and registration information at the time of interview. Continued employment as a Pharmacy Supervisor, Practice and Registration is dependent upon maintaining a current Pharmacist license issued by the New York State Education Department. Failure to maintain this license will result in removal from employment.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $104,895 based on annual performance advances.
**Plus $11,000 annual Geographic Pay Differential.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume by April 5, 2017 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must indicate the Box number (OP-1015/20455) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer