Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14 (PEF)
Education Trainee, NS (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Professions is seeking to fill an Education Program Assistant 1 position within the Dental, Optometry and Chiropractic Board Office. Under the direction of an Education Program Assistant 2, the incumbent of this position will gather, review and evaluate information required for the professional practice of dentistry, optometry and chiropractic, as well as provide support for the licensure and regulation of professions pursuant to Title VIII of the Education Law. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the review, evaluation and administration of licensure applications and limited permits utilizing Access database, Records Management (RM) and e-licensing system;
- Maintain and update licensure database, RM and e-licensing system, documents and forms;
- Prepare and file all materials regarding Purchase Requests, Financial Requests, Travel Requests and other Board Office related documents;
- Review and evaluate all Chiropractic Continuing Education Courses for accuracy of the Education Law and appropriateness of topics, ensuring that they meet the standards prescribed by the Regulations of the Commissioner with input from the Board and Executive Secretary, as necessary;
- Correspond with sponsors and provide follow-up on pending Continuing Education applications;
- Maintain and update database programs for Chiropractic Continuing Education;
- Under direction of the Executive Secretary, perform background research for proposed legislation and assist with posting of legislative comments;
- Manage the logistics of planning and conducting board meetings;
- Prepare agenda and board meeting informational packets;
- Attend and take minutes for the Chiropractic Board;
- Prepare Board appointment documents;
- Update and maintain travel records and procedures for Board Offices, make travel arrangements and submit appropriate justifications for approval or processing, as required;
- Serve as the liaison between the Board office and Travel Unit;
- Design board office files and inventories, both electronically and on paper;
- Implement or suggest new or revised procedures within the office; and
- Supervise lower-level staff.
Reassignment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Program Assistant 1: One year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Trainee: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for transfer to Education Trainee if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-9 or higher AND have standing on the PCO or PATT or PMI eligible list.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list, the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Management Intern eligible list may be considered for appointment.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applications should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required.
The salary listed above applies to candidates appointed to Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Education Trainee starts at $36,246 and for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Transfer candidates to Education Trainee and appointees from the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list, the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Management Intern eligible list will serve a two-year traineeship leading to the grade 14 salary level.
*Leads to a salary of $54,678 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 28, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OP-1053/51856) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer