ASSOCIATE IN BILINGUAL EDUCATION, SG-26 (PEF)
The Office of P-12 Education’s Office of Bilingual Education and Foreign Language Studies is seeking candidates to fill the position of Associate in Bilingual Education, Grade 26. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of the Budget approval. This office provides support and technical assistance to Districts, Charter Schools, Non-Public Schools and other organizations in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for English language learners (ELLs), as well as to foreign language (FL) students within the State’s P-12 initiative. Duties of this position will include, but not limited to the following for Bilingual, ESL and Languages Other Than English programs:
- Planning/conducting workshops and providing information, direction and guidance to local schools, administrators, teachers and parents on State and federal laws, regulations and policies regarding instructional programs and activities;
- Planning and conducting monitoring visits and program reviews of schools/districts;
- Collaborating with the Regional Education Technical Assistance Centers, other technical assistance networks, and Department offices to implement activities relative to the education and other needs of students;
- Preparing/reviewing program evaluation reports, memoranda, curriculum materials, resource guides and reviewing legislation, regulations and policy statements and amendments;
- Collecting, analyzing and maintaining up-to-date program-related data and preparing required reports;
- Preparing written reviews of State and federal proposals;
- Providing on-going leadership in the development of Regents policy and regulatory proposals; and
- Analyzing research articles, reports and other research related documents to identify impact and implications of instructional and professional development activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For permanent appointment, candidates must have at least one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service as an Associate in Bilingual Education. For provisional appointment, candidates must have a master’s degree in education AND permanent New York State certification in bilingual education AND five years of professional experience as follows: three years of experience teaching in a bilingual education program for LEP students in Grades K-12 AND two years of administrative or supervisory experience in the field of bilingual education or ESL. Candidates with a doctorate in education (Ed.D./Ph.D.) may waive the three years of teaching experience but must fulfill the two years of administrative or supervisory experience requirement.
Applications must clearly indicate the candidate’s expertise in one or more of the major ethno linguistic groups in the State, which include: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Korean, Polish, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish and Urdu.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment.
*Leads to maximum salary of $95,718 based on annual performance advances.
**Plus $3,026 annual Downstate location adjustment.
APPLICATION: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until a candidate is appointed. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1026) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer