SUPERVISOR IN BILINGUAL EDUCATION, SG-28 (PEF)
The Office of P-12 Education’s Office of Accountability is seeking candidates to fill the position of Supervisor Bilingual Education, Grade 28 in its Bilingual Education and Foreign Language Studies Unit. Under the general direction of the Director of Bilingual Education and Foreign Language Studies, the incumbent will supervise activities to help ensure the successful advancement of bilingual education initiatives. Duties of the position will include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising staff in the development of Part 154 Regulations and implementation and guidance documents and oversee development and issuance of RFPs;
- Supervising the evaluation and reporting on the performance of State and local programs;
- Remaining current with, and working to influence, positive changes in local evaluation through membership on, and involvement with, various professional associations;
- Preparing major policy papers and studies related to Department initiatives;
- Providing information on evaluation to educational leaders from other states for benchmarking and continued improvement;
- Providing project assistance to the project manager and senior Department staff in relation to ESL and math; and
- Preparing written program and fiscal reports as required by the Director of Bilingual Education and Foreign Language Studies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For permanent appointment, candidates must have at least one year of permanent competitive service as an Associate in Bilingual Education. For provisional appointment, candidates must have a master’s degree and New York state permanent or professional certification in Bilingual Education, Teacher of English as a Second Language, English to Speakers of Other Languages, or in a classroom teaching with an extension in Bilingual Education; AND six years of experience teaching in an education program for English Language Learners (ELL) and /or limited English proficient (LEP) students in grades K-12. Up to two years of this experience must be in an administrative or supervisory capacity in the field of Bilingual Education or English as a Second Language.
A Ph.D in education may be substituted for up to two years of the teaching experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of the Budget approval.
*Leads to maximum salary of $105,829 based on annual performance advances.APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 12, 2013 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1059/65403) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Ms. Annette Franchini, Director
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer