Senior Auditor, SG-18 (PEF)
Auditor Trainee, SG-NS
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Performance Improvement and Management Services’ Office of Audit Services (OAS) is seeking applicants for three Senior Auditor positions. The OAS administers both the internal and external audit functions in NYSED. The incumbents of these positions will assist in the conduct of audits primarily related to State and federally funded educational programs at school districts, Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), private schools, and other agencies and contractors that receive funds administered by NYSED. Major responsibilities of these positions will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the investigation of complaints of fraud, waste or abuse;
- Assist in audits of NYSED programs, activities and functions;
- Serve as staff auditor on an audit team under the supervision of an auditor-in-charge (AIC) and perform pre-audit surveys;
- Participate in development of audit plans and programs by reviewing relevant documents, records, and reports related to the particular entity to be audited;
- Participate in interviews of NYSED and/or auditee staff to obtain required and necessary information for the conduct of audits;
- Examine source documents used by entities being audited to obtain documentation needed to accomplish audit objectives;
- Write audit findings and reports and recommend appropriate corrective action;
- Serve as an AIC on selected audits;
- Assist in the review of financial statements and single audits of school districts, BOCES, private schools and colleges and universities; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reassignment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Auditor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the Auditor Trainee 1, Professional Career Opportunities Select Job Titles, Professional Careers in Accounting and Auditing, or Senior Auditor eligible lists may be considered for appointment.
§70.1 Transfer to Auditor Trainee 1: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under §70.1 of the Civil Service Law AND posses 24 semester credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation courses.
§70.1 Transfer to Senior Auditor: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-18 or above deemed eligible for transfer under §70.1 of the Civil Service Law AND posses 24 semester credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation courses.
§70.4 Transfer to Auditor Trainee 1: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-12 or above AND a standing on the eligible list AND posses a bachelor’s degree and 24 semester credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation courses.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: These will be contingent permanent appointments. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Transfers to Auditor Trainee 1 and appointments from the Auditor Trainee 1, Professional Career Opportunities Select Job Titles, or Professional Careers in Accounting and Auditing eligible lists require successful completion of a two-year traineeship which leads to the title of Senior Auditor, SG-18. The salary above applies to candidates appointed to Senior Auditor, SG-18. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Auditor Trainee 1 starts at $42,833, and for current NYS employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Up to 40% overnight travel throughout NYS will be required. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $67,827 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 7, 2017 to email@example.com. (Email submissions preferred.) You must include the Box number (PIMS-249 or PIMS-250) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
Box PIMS-249/00825 /00826
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer