Laborer, SG-06, (CSEA – Operational Services Unit)
Hours: 8:00am –4:00pm Monday through Friday
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Facilities and Business Services is seeking to fill a Laborer position. Major responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Empty recyclables and garbage;
- Set up conference rooms;
- Change lightbulbs;
- Place and remove boxes from storage;
- Deliver and pickup recycle bins, boxes, and surplus materials throughout the building;
- Deliver copy paper to various offices;
- Operate NYSED’s vehicles to bring scrap metal to the scrap yard;
- Clean and maintain the grounds, including: salting, shoveling and plowing snow, mowing the lawn, and pulling weeds;
- Move furniture boxes and other heavy equipment and material;
- Prepare cars for staff as needed;
- Work with all trades as directed; and
- Perform other duties as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must be physically able to perform the duties assigned, including the ability to perform activities requiring medium to heavy lifting. Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license is required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $35,704 with annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 24, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Box number (PIMS-257/03838) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer