Labor Supervisor, SG-09, (CSEA – Operational Services Unit)
Hours: 7:00am –3:00pm Monday through Friday
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Facilities and Business Services is seeking to fill a Labor Supervisor position. Major responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise the labor staff and prioritize work assignments given through the Office of Facilities and Business Services;
- Coordinate grounds care;
- Coordinate daily setups of meeting rooms;
- Coordinate move jobs, act as a liaison between the space manager and the move contact, and supervise the actual move;
- Coordinate snow and ice removal;
- Use all snow removal tools, including shovels, snow blowers, rock salt spreaders, and the plow trucks;
- Monitor the amounts of ice melt and rock salt being used, and order more when needed;
- Schedule deliveries of bulk mailings;
- Schedule Laborers for product pick up;
- Oversee fleet vehicles for maintenance;
- Review billings for fuel and repairs; and
- Oversee the maintenance of all equipment used by laborer staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year of experience in performing general construction or maintenance tasks. Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license is required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $41,756 with annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 24, 2017 to email@example.com. Please include the Box number (PIMS-258/01150) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer