Senior Physical Therapist, 50%, SG-18 (PEF)
SALARY: $25,634* (pro-rated for 50%)
The New York State Education Department’s School for the Deaf is seeking a Senior Physical Therapist. Duties of this position will include but not be limited to:
- Plan and conduct treatment for students with physical disabilities utilizing established principles and methods of physical therapy and modalities of treatment.
- Use therapeutic machines for treatments to bring about positive physical and psychological effects.
- Apply working knowledge of skeletal anatomy and the pathology involved in diseases or injuries resulting in physical handicaps as is related to physical therapy.
- Utilize a working knowledge of the effects of commonly used medications.
- Develop and implement a physical therapy treatment plan to meet specific student needs.
- Prepare accurate and timely written records and reports.
- Recognize and act upon changes in signs and symptoms of students undergoing physical therapy treatment which warrant the immediate attention of the physician or indicate the need for a change in program.
- Serve as an evaluator and site visitor to programs and placements as they relate to students applying to the School for the Deaf from other districts.
- Responsible for assisting students in reaching personal responsibility goals as defined in their Individual Education Program (IEP).
- Prepare evaluation reports, report cards and deficiency notices; write quarterly progress reports and IEPs for all students; maintain daily attendance records.
- Participate in departmental staff, parent and multidisciplinary team meetings and meetings of various committees to discuss students’ learning progress, behavior, medical and other problems related to education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice Physical Therapy in New York State AND have one year of post licensure physical therapy experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Special consideration will be given to applicants who have experience working with deaf students and/or ability to communicate through ASL/Sign Language.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Fingerprinting through the Department of Criminal Justice Services, a background check through the Office of Children and Family Services and clearance from the Justice Center Staff Exclusion List is required for employment.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $32,595 with annual performance advances (pro-rated for 50%).APPLICATION DEADLINE: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 3, 2013 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (RDC-145) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer