PROJECT COORDINATOR, SG-27 (PEF)
The Office of P-12 Education is seeking applicants for the position of Project Coordinator as part of the “Race to the Top” (RttT) initiative in the Office of Bilingual Education. Duties of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Developing curriculum for English Language Learners (ELLs) in English as a Second Language (ESL) and Bilingual Education programs, which will include organizing the reviews and ensuring the curriculum is aligned to the Bilingual Common Core Progressions;
- Overseeing development of ESL modules, scaffolding for ELLs in English Language Arts (ELA) and math curriculum, developing language proficiency assessments aligned to the standards and overseeing curriculum development for Students who have Interrupted Formal Education (SIFE);
- Overseeing Native Language Arts (NLA) curriculum, overseeing translation of math curriculum and researching around bilingual assessments;
- Overseeing all contracts related with the development of curriculum for ELLs in ESL and Bilingual Education programs, as well as scaffolding in ELA and Math curriculum;
- Presenting information on ESL and NLA curriculum and instructional policies at public forums across the State and nation;
- Evaluating and reporting on the performance of State and local programs;
- Remaining current with and working to influence positive changes in local evaluation through membership on, and involvement with, various professional associations;
- Preparing major policy papers and studies related to Department ELL initiatives;
- Sharing information on evaluation with educational leaders from other states for benchmarking and continued improvement;
- Providing project assistance to the project manager and senior Department staff members who are leading the RttT project team in relation to ESL and NLA; and
- Preparing written program and fiscal reports as required by the Deputy Commissioner, Project Manager, Commissioner and the Board of Regents.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a master's degree or higher and six years of relevant professional experience in the P-16 education field. This includes experience as a teacher/leader with ESL/Bilingual certification; master teacher of ESL/Bilingual; P-12 instructional leader of English Language Learners; human capital manager engaged in professional skill/competency development or career/learning planning of ESL/Bilingual teachers; teacher education instructor for ESL/Bilingual teachers; teacher education administrator involving a large percentage of English Language Learners; professional developer of ESL/Bilingual educators; researcher for English Language Learners; policy developer/analyst for English Language Learners. Three years of full-time classroom teaching experience may be counted toward the six year experience requirement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary appointment.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $100,822 with annual performance advances.APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1085) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Ms. Annette Franchini, Director
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer