Associate in Education Improvement Services, SG-26 (PEF)
The Office of P-12 Education’s Office of Accountability is seeking candidates to fill the position of Associate in Education Improvement Services. This office oversees compliance for schools and Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) in New York State. Duties of this position will include but not be limited to:
- Serving as Co-Lead for on-site reviews of identified Priority and Focus Schools and ensuring the timely completion of high quality Diagnostic Tool for School and District Effectiveness (DTSDE) Final Reports;
- Supporting schools and districts in the conduct of DTSDE reviews of Priority and Focus Schools and developing and implementing improvement plans;
- Participating in the Calibration Assurance Process to ensure that proper alignment has been made between the evidence and the DTSDE rubric and rating;
- Assisting in the review and approval of School Comprehensive Education Plans, Local Assistance Plans and District Comprehensive Improvement Plans;
- Assisting in the review of Title I School Improvement Grant applications for identified schools;
- Preparing written materials, including correspondence and research, to assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the various components of the District and School Review Team; and,
- Facilitating professional development activities related to the DTSDE Process and other Department initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For permanent appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or non-competitive 55b/c service as an Associate in Education Improvement Services OR be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
For provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or non-competitive 55b/c service as an Assistant in Education Improvement Services OR a master's degree AND five years of professional experience in an education agency or organization working with elementary, middle or secondary schools in the provision of technical assistance or in the development or implementation of educational programs or educational grants OR possession of New York State permanent or professional certification in classroom teaching, administration and supervision, or school service AND professional experience in a public school teaching common branch subjects in grades Pre-Kindergarten to 6 or teaching academic subjects (English, a language other than English, mathematics, science or social studies) in grades 7-12 or professional experience working with students in the areas of early childhood and parent education, guidance counseling, school social work, or attendance improvement/dropout presentation.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or provisional appointment.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $95,718 based on annual performance advances.
**Plus $3,026 annual Downstate location adjustment.APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 3, 2013 to the email address listed below (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number of the location you are interested in working at (P12-1127) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer