ASSOCIATE IN BILINGUAL EDUCATION, SG-26 (PEF)
The Office of P-12 Education’s Office of Bilingual Education and Foreign Language Studies is seeking candidates to fill the position of Associate in Bilingual Education, Grade 26. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of the Budget approval. This office provides support and technical assistance to Districts, Charter Schools, Non-Public Schools and other organizations in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for English language learners (ELLs), as well as to foreign language (FL) students within the State’s P-12 initiative. Duties of this position will include, but not limited to, the following for Bilingual, ESL and Languages Other Than English programs:
- Planning and conducting workshops and providing information, direction and guidance to local schools, administrators, teachers and parents on State and federal laws, regulations and policies regarding instructional programs and activities;
- Planning and conducting monitoring visits and program reviews of schools/districts;
- Collaborating with the Regional Education Technical Assistance Centers, other technical assistance networks, and Department offices to implement activities related to the education and other needs of students;
- Preparing and reviewing program evaluation reports, memoranda, curriculum materials, resource guides and reviewing legislation, regulations, and policy statements and amendments;
- Collecting, analyzing and maintaining up-to-date program-related data and preparing required reports;
- Preparing written reviews of State and federal proposals;
- Providing on-going leadership in the development of Regents policy and regulatory proposals; and
- Analyzing research articles, reports and other research related documents to identify impact and implications of instructional and professional development activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Bilingual Education or be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment.
*Leads to maximum salary of $95,718 based on annual performance advances.
**Plus $3,026 annual Downstate location adjustment.APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by November 19, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1174) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer