Assistant in Bilingual Education, SG-22 (PEF)
The Office of P-12 Education is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant in Bilingual Education, SG-22, in its Office of Bilingual Education. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of the Budget approval. This office is responsible for the development and implementation of policies and programs in the area of bilingual education. Duties of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Providing assistance in management initiatives related to English Language Learners (ELL); ensuring that vendors are meeting timelines and producing high-quality deliverables for all teachers of ELL;
- Delivering technical assistance on law, regulation, policy, and practice related to ELL to school personnel, professional associations, parents and others;
- Assisting in arranging professional development to build capacity for all teachers working with ELL at the State, regional and local levels;
- Collaborating with the Office of State Assessment to ensure that their system is aligned with the needs of ELL;
- Researching and preparing professional development materials, grants, contracts, proposed regulatory and policy statements, and informational materials;
- Conducting activities related to the development of educational resources and initiatives, including convening and conducting key consultant committees; participating in committee work and training sessions to provide content knowledge in the development of P-12 education programs across the state; and
- Assisting in preparing written program and fiscal reports as required by the Assistant Commissioner and the U.S. Department of Education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For permanent appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Bilingual Education or be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. For provisional appointment, candidates must have a master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional certification in Bilingual Education, Teacher of English as a Second Language, English to Speakers of Other Languages, or in a classroom teaching with an extension in Bilingual Education AND three years of experience teaching in an education program for ELLs and/or limited English proficient students in grades K-12. Up to one year of the three years of experience may be in an administrative or supervisory capacity in the field of Bilingual Education or English as a Second Language. A Ph.D. in education may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or provisional appointment.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $81,415 based on annual performance advances.
**Plus $3,026 annual Downstate location adjustment.
APPLICATION: Review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1175/20620) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer