PROJECT ASSISTANT, SG-22 (PEF)
The Office of P-12 Education is seeking applicants for the position of Project Assistant as part of the “Race to the Top” (RttT) initiative in the Office of Bilingual Education. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of the Budget approval. Duties of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting in the development of Bilingual Common Core Progressions and associated professional development materials and their dissemination to districts and schools;
- Assisting in the development of protocols and procedures that support school districts in providing students with new language and home language instruction that is aligned to the Common Core;
- Providing support to the Office of State Assessment in the development of the next edition of the New York State English as a Second Language Test (NYSESLAT) to ensure that it is fully aligned to the Common Core and college and career standards;
- Assisting in the coordination of the efforts of the statewide teams and networks to support the rollout of the Bilingual Common Core Progressions;
- Undertaking specific tasks related to the development, delivery and measurement of professional learning resources, tools and opportunities for school, district and SED personnel in relation to the provision of services related to Common Core to English Language Learners (ELLs);
- Undertaking specific tasks related to quality control of vendor contract/MOU deliverables;
- Undertaking specific tasks related to administration of instruments (surveys, desk audit protocols, site visit rubrics, etc.) to measure the effectiveness of Department and district efforts to ensure alignment to Common Core requirements and improve instructional practices for ELLs; and
- Providing assistance to P-12 Offices to modify their existing practices and procedures so that they contribute to maximizing ELL’s access to Common Core and quality instruction.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a master's degree or higher and three years of relevant professional experience in the P-16 education field. This includes experience as a teacher/leader with ESL/Bilingual certification; master teacher of ESL/Bilingual; P-12 instructional leader of English Language Learners; human capital manager engaged in professional skill/competency development or career/learning planning of ESL/Bilingual teachers; teacher education instructor for ESL/Bilingual teachers; teacher education administrator involving a large percentage of English Language Learners; professional developer of ESL/Bilingual educators; researcher for English Language Learners; policy developer/analyst for English Language Learners. Two years of full-time classroom teaching experience may be counted toward the three year experience requirement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary appointment.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $79,819 with annual performance advances.
**Plus $3,026 annual Downstate location adjustment.APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by November 19, 2013 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1178) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer