SENIOR MECHANICAL CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER, SG-24 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for nine Senior Mechanical Construction Engineer positions in the Office of Facilities Planning. This Office is primarily responsible for code enforcement, life safety, fire safety and health in all public K-12 schools and BOCES in the State, exclusive of New York City. Duties of these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review construction plans and specifications for conformance with applicable codes and standards;
- Meet with School Administrators, Architects, and Engineers to resolve project concerns;
- Perform research as necessary to resolve code related issues;
- Coordinate work with other department engineers, architects, and project managers;
- Review and draft responses for legislative initiatives;
- Correspond with citizens, administrators, consultants, and parents to help resolve facility conditions through phone, email and written correspondence;
- Provide presentations on topics of concern to the school community as requested; and
- Develop and maintain expertise in K-12 school facility design, construction, and operational issues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For permanent appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Mechanical Construction Engineer OR be reachable on the eligible list for this title.
If the eligible list has fewer than 3 acceptors, a provisional appointment may be considered.
For provisional appointment, candidates must have two years of engineering experience supervising or inspecting building construction projects, including inspection of the mechanical and electrical elements of the building. Candidates must possess a New York State Professional Engineering License with current registration at the time of appointment.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: These will be permanent or provisional appointments. Filling of these positions is contingent upon Division of Budget approval. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and professional license will be required.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $90,020 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Review will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box numbers (P12-1367, P12-1518) of the positions in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
P12-1518/65013, 65014, 65018, 65020, 65026, 65027, 65028, 65029
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer