ASSOCIATE IN BILINGUAL EDUCATION, SG-26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Bilingual Education position in the Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages. This Office provides support and technical assistance to Districts, Charter Schools, Non-Public Schools and other organizations in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for English Language Learners (ELLs), as well as to foreign language students within the State’s P-12 initiative. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership in the development of Regents policy and regulatory proposals;
- Plan and conduct workshops and provide information, direction and guidance to local schools, administrators, teachers and parents on State and federal laws, regulations and policies regarding instructional programs and activities;
- Prepare and review program evaluation reports, memoranda, curriculum materials, resource guides, legislation, regulations, and policy statements and amendments;
- Collect, analyze and maintain up-to-date program-related data and prepare required reports;
- Analyze research articles, reports and other related documents to identify impact and implications of instructional and professional development activities;
- Plan and conduct monitoring visits and program review of schools and school districts; and
- Collaborate with Regional Education Technical Assistance Centers to implement activities related to the education and other needs of English Language Learners.
Reassignment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Bilingual Education.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Provisional Appointment: If the eligible list has fewer than 3 acceptors, a provisional appointment may be considered. For provisional appointment, candidates must have a master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional certification in Bilingual Education, Teacher of English as a Second Language, English to Speakers of Other Languages, or in classroom teaching with an extension in Bilingual Education AND five years of professional experience teaching in an education program for English Language Learners and/or students with limited English proficiency in grades K-12. Two years of professional experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity in the field of Bilingual Education or English as a Second Language may be substituted for two years of teaching experience. A Ph.D. in Education may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of Budget approval. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $99,585 based on annual performance advances.
**Plus $3,026 annual Downstate location adjustment.
APPLICATION: Review will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1530/63217) of the positions in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer