Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14 (PEF)
Education Trainee, NS (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Education Program Assistant 1 position in the Office of Charter Schools. This Office is responsible for fostering high quality public education options for all students, families, and communities. This Office also provides authorization and oversight of charter schools and monitors the implementation of school charter agreements between the Board of Regents and charter schools as well as conducts evaluations of school performance and makes renewal and closure recommendations to the Board of Regents. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organize and manage data processing and data flow;
- Coordinate data transmissions to stakeholders;
- Coordinate webinars for the Office;
- Prepare information for postings on Department websites;
- Coordinate communications with external stakeholders such as sending notification letters to school districts;
- Manage web-deliverable content and public notification processes on Department webpage for new school submissions, charter renewals and charter revisions as required by the NYS Open Meeting Law;
- Send surveys and online invitations to charter school leaders, school board members, and other stakeholders, including distribution of the survey process for the Charter School Annual Report;
- Assist with data collection projects;
- Maintain databases, spreadsheets and text documents, as assigned;
- Provide technical assistance and customer service to all stakeholders in a timely manner, manage e-mail and phone communications for the Office;
- Assist with the completion of bi-monthly enrollment reports, new schools information data collection, intercepts, complaints, and other communications; and
- Develop communication protocols in consultation with Office staff, as needed.
Reassignment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Program Assistant 1: One year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Trainee: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for transfer to Education Trainee if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-9 or higher AND have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list, Professional Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list or Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list, the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list may be considered for appointment.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applications should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
The salary listed above applies to candidates appointed to Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Education Trainee 1 starts at $36,246 and for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Transfer candidates to Education Trainee and appointees from the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list, the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list will serve a two-year traineeship leading to the grade 14 salary level.
*Leads to a salary of $54,678 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 31, 2017 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1634/61012) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
Please like us on Facebook!
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer