Tips for Reporting Fraud Waste and Abuse
The following are examples of information you may be able to provide. (These documents may be submitted thru mail or e-mail):
- Type of funds or programs involved and the applicable restrictions, rules, or regulations that relate to them.
- What the individual(s) did; include anything done to avoid detection.
- Names of the individual(s) involved, including position, organization address, and telephone number.
- Date(s) of the misconduct or wrongdoing.
- Record, or other documentation to support or validate the concern
When providing information concerning a contractor or grantee fraud, it is helpful to provide the:
- Name and address of the sub and primary contractors, including the responsible official.
- Nature of the wrongdoing (E.g., Intentional misuse of funds for other purposes, cost misappropriation, or conflict of interest).
- Bid, contract, or grant numbers
- Date of the contract or grant award.
- Cost and terms of the contract.
Here is a list of other links that may be more appropriate to directly address your concerns: