FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 15, 2010
For More Information Contact:
Tom Dunn, Jonathan Burman or Jane Briggs at (518) 474-1201
SCHOOL REPORT CARDS RELEASED FOR SCHOOLS AND DISTRICTS
The State Education Department announced today the release of 2008-09 School Report Cards for all schools and districts throughout New York. The Report Cards are available on the web at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/reportcard/2009/home.html.
Much of the data contained in the School Report Cards has already been publicly released throughout the past year, but the Report Cards offer a single place to find that information and more. Previously released information includes:
- 2008-09 Grade 3-8 Math and English Language Arts results;
- Graduation rates for the 2004 cohort (i.e., the group of students who entered ninth grade in September 2004);
- Schools that have failed to make Adequate Yearly Progress and that have been placed on the Schools in Need of Improvement (SINI) list; and
- Schools that have been placed on the Schools Under Registration Review (SURR) list.
The previously released data and press releases can be accessed at the following web address: http://www.oms.nysed.gov/press/.
Data contained in the 2008-09 School Report Cards, but not previously released, includes:
- The percentage of core classes taught by Highly Qualified Teachers;
- School and district performance on Regents Exams; and
- Grades 4 and 8 Science and Grades 5 and 8 Social Studies results.
- 30 -
New York State Board of Regents
The State Education Department / The University of the State of New York / Albany, NY 12234
Office of Communications / (518) 474-1201