New York State Consolidated Fiscal Reporting Interagency Committee
New York State
Consolidated Fiscal Reporting
Dear Fiscal Officer:
The Consolidated Fiscal Reporting (CFR) Manual and forms for the January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011 reporting period are now available. A summary of notable changes to the Calendar Year 2011 CFR Manual as well as State Agency specific special information can be found on pages 2, 3 and 4 of this letter; other essential CFR information follows on the subsequent pages.
Acquisition of CFR Manuals and Forms
CFR manuals and forms are available for download from the NYS Education Department Rate Setting Unit’s homepage at http://www.oms.nysed.gov/rsu/Manuals_Forms/Manuals/CFR.html.
Consolidated Fiscal Reporting System (CFRS) Software
All service providers are expected to use CFRS software approved by the CFR Interagency Committee to create the appropriate CFR submission. Additionally, approved CFRS software can be used to create Consolidated Budget Reports (CBRs) and intra-year State Aid claims (CQRs) for the Calendar Year 2011 reporting period. The New York State Office of Mental Health is the sole vendor for the Calendar Year 2011 reporting period.
Service providers are expected to download the software via the Internet. When the NYS-issued CFRS software is approved, it will be available for download at the CFRS Home Page: https://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/cfrsweb/default.asp. As of this date, approval has not yet been issued for the Calendar Year 2011 reporting period.
For assistance with the New York State software, please refer to the CFRS
Home Page and its Table of Contents or the CFRS Software Online HELP function.
If you need additional assistance, please call the Help Desk at
1-800-HELPNYS (if outside of New York State call 518-474-5554); or e-mail at email@example.com. The certifying/funding State Agencies may also be of assistance (see Section 8 of the CFR Manual for the related telephone numbers).
Calendar Year 2011 CFR Due Date(s) and Requests for Extensions
The due date of the Calendar Year 2011 CFR is May 1, 2012. A thirty-day extension will be granted to providers who electronically complete and submit the Pre-Approved 30-Day Extension Request form by May 1, 2012. The Pre-Approved 30-Day Extension Request form must be electronically submitted and submitted using Survey Monkey. No response to this request will be sent; therefore, you should print a copy for your files prior to submitting the completed form. The pre-approved extension does not apply to the required claiming schedules for all OASAS funded service providers. Please refer to Section 4.0 of the CFR Manual.
The link to the Pre-Approved 30-Day Extension Request is available from the NYS Education Department at: http://www.oms.nysed.gov/rsu/Manuals_Forms/Manuals/CFR.html
Note: A paper copy of the extension form will not be accepted by any of the funding State Agencies.
Special Instructions for OASAS Funded and/or Certified Service Providers
- The OASAS public web address has changed to http://www.oasas.ny.gov
- OASAS converted its employees email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Section 38 (Appendix E):
- Added program codes 3980, Recovery Community Organizing Initiative
- Revised the definition of program code 5550, Chemical Dependence Prevention Services
- In Section 47 (Apendix N), Funding Source Codes 053 and 091T were deleted.
- In section 51 (Appedix R), Position Titile Code 237, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, was added.
- Each time a CFR with a new DCN is uploaded, signed certification schedules with a new DCN must be mailed to OASAS. For full CFR filers an attestation statement may be submitted in lieu of a signed CFR-ii or CFR-iiA. An Attestation Statement can only be used if a CPA signed CFR-ii or CFR-iiA schedule has been submitted with the original DCN.
Special Instructions for OMH Funded and/or Certified Service Providers
1. Schedules OMH-1 and OMH-2 have been modified. Please refer to the revised Sections 24 and 25 of the CFR Manual for details.
2. In Section 39 (Appendix F):
- These programs were added:
- 2300 HCBS Waiver
- 2750 Recovery Center
- The program titles, descriptions and/or units of service were
modified for program codes:
- 1310 Continuing Day Treatment
- 1510 School Based Mental Health
- 2100 Clinic Treatment
- Deleted Programs:
- 1520, 2230, 2240, 2250, 2260, 2270, 2280
3. In Section 47 (Appendix N):
- Added these OMH Only Funding Source Codes:
- 112 Outpatient State Aid
- 115 Residential-Adult Operating
- 115D Residential-Program Development
- 115P Residential-Adult Property
- 116 Residential-Children Operating
- 116P Residential-Children Property
- 119A Federal Forensic Initiatives
- 178 Adult Home Court Ordered
- 560A Behavioral Health Organization
- Deleted these OMH Only Funding Source Codes:
- 038, 039, 039V
4. In Section 51 (Appendix R), the following Position Title Codes were added:
- 327 Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- 328 Licensed Psychoanalyst
Special Instructions for OPWDD Funded and/or Certified Service Providers
NOTE: If your agency operated a program that was converted to an HCBS Waiver program or if your Medicaid, State Paid Services or OPTS funding has increased, please be aware that your CFR reporting requirements may have changed. For example: if your agency filed an Abbreviated CFR prior to the conversion, you will now be required to complete a Full CFR; if your combined Medicaid, State Paid Services or OPTS funding now exceeds $250,000, you must have your CFR certified by a certified public accountant. Please refer to Section 2 of the CFR Manual to determine the type of CFR your agency is required to submit.
- The OPWDD public web address has changed to http://www.opwdd.ny.gov
- The ending used in OPWDD email addresses has changed to email@example.com
1. In Section 40 (Appendix G):
- These programs were added:
- 0228 Willowbrook Case Services
- 0419 Portal-like
- Program Code 0236 was deleted.
- The names of these OPTS (0234) Service Types have been revised:
- 29 Product Fee was changed to 29 Intensive Behavioral Implementation
2. In Section 47 (Appendix N), Funding Source Code 185 was deleted.
Special Instructions for SED Funded and/or Certified Service Providers
Note: Special Instructions for SED Providers who use Program 9300: If your agency operated a NYS Early Intervention Program (Part C IDEA infant/toddler program), please be aware that your CFR reporting requirements may have changed. Please refer to Section 2 of the CFR MAnual and Appendix H for the new reporting requirements.
1. In Section 41 (Appendix H):
- The name and definition of program code 9300 were changed.
- The following program codes were added:
- 9301 Early Intervention Program Initial Service Coordination
- 9302 Early Intervention Program Ongoing Service Coordination
- 9310 Early Intervention Program Screenings
- 9311 Early Intervention Program Core Evaluations
- 9312 Early Intervention Program Physical Evaluations
- 9313 Early Intervention Program Supplemental Evaluations
- 9320 Early Intervention Program Home/Community Based Individual Collateral Services
- 9330 Early Intervention Program Office/Facility Based Individual Collateral Services
- 9341 Early Intervention Program Group Development Intervention Services
- 9342 Early Intervention Parent/Child Group Services
- 9343 Early Intervention Family/Caregiver Support Group Services
2. In Section 51 (Appendix R), the definitions of Supervising Teacher position title 215 and 518 were revised.
Submission of the CFR Document
Service providers are expected to submit their completed Calendar Year 2011 CFR electronically via the Internet. Service providers will access the webpage at http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/cfrsweb/default.asp to upload their CFR submission. On a daily basis, the information received is distributed to the appropriate State Agency(ies).
Submission of CFR Certification Pages
Please note that OASAS, OMH, OPWDD and SED currently do not accept electronic certifications or signatures for CFR submissions. Therefore, in addition to transmitting the CFR via the Internet, service providers must also submit signed paper copies of the required certification schedules (CFR-i, CFR-ii/CFR-iiA and CFR-iii) and certified financial statements to each funding State Agency by the due date in the CFR Manual. Sending copies of the certification schedules to the County or local DDSO does not fulfill this requirement. Copies of the certification schedules MUST also be sent directly to the state agencies. To determine if Schedules CFR-ii, CFR-iiA, CFR-iii or certified financial statements are required, please refer to Sections 2.0, 6.0, 11.0 and 12.0 of the CFR Manual. Please refer to pages 2.11 and 2.12 of the CFR Manual for information on where to send your agency’s CFR certification pages and certified financial statements. Additionally, the Document Control Number (DCN) of your agency’s Internet submission must match the DCN that appears on the paper certification schedules mailed to each funding State Agency.
Submission of Final State Aid Claim Schedules for OASAS
OASAS expects all service providers to prepare State Aid claim schedules using approved Consolidated Fiscal Reporting System (CFRS) software and to file those schedules electronically via the Internet.
Service providers receiving State Aid through a direct contract with OASAS are required to submit paper copies of CFR schedules CFR-i, CFR-iii and DMH-2 to the Bureau of Financial Management in Albany.
Service providers receiving State Aid through a local contract with a county Local Governmental Unit (LGU) should contact the county for their specific county submission requirements.
LGUs are required to submit paper copies of the CFR-i, CFR-iii and DMH-2 schedules for each service provider funded through a local contract to the Bureau of Financial Management in Albany.
Submission of Final State Aid Claim Schedules for OMH
Service providers receiving State Aid through a direct contract with OMH or through a local contract with a county must submit the required claim schedules via the Internet. Service providers receiving State Aid through a local county contract should contact the county for additional county specific submission requirements. No paper copies are sent to the OMH Contract and Claims Unit in Albany, nor are paper copies sent to the OMH Field Office.
Submission of Final State Aid Claim Schedules for OPWDD
Service providers receiving State Aid through a direct contract with OPWDD are required to submit a paper copy of the entire CFR along with an original signature State Aid Voucher (AC-1171) to the OPWDD NEw York CityRegional Office (NYCRO) or CFR schedules CFR-i, CFR-iii, DMH-2 and DMH-3 to their DDSO, as applicable.
Service providers receiving State Aid through a local county contract should contact the county for their specific county submission requirements.
Counties are required to submit paper copies of the following materials to the OPWDD Claims Unit in Albany:
- An original signature State Aid Voucher (AC-1171)
- A completed LGU Fiscal Summary (CQR-3)
- CFR-i, CFR-iii, DMH-2 and DMH-3 schedules for each service provider funded through a local contract.
Notification of training dates has been sent to you under separate cover. If you have any questions regarding training dates, please access one of the following websites:
- The SED Rate Setting Unit homepage at http://www.oms.nysed.gov/rsu/home.html or;
- The OMH CFR Unit homepage at http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/finance/train.htm.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the appropriate State Agency listed on page 8.8 of the CFR Manual or refer to the CFR Resources listed on page 8.10 of the CFR Manual.
Warren D. Moessner, Jr. (OASAS)
CFR Interagency Committee
cc: Peter LaPan (SED)
Kathy Katz (OMH)
Eileen Bureau (OPWDD)