New York State Consolidated Fiscal Reporting Interagency Committee
May 8, 2009
Dear Fiscal Officer:
The Consolidated Fiscal Reporting (CFR) manual and forms for the July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009 reporting period are now available. A summary of notable changes to the 2008/2009 CFR manual as well as State Agency specific special information can be found on pages 2, 3 and 4 of this letter; other essential CFR information follows on the subsequent pages.
Acquisition of CFR Manuals and Forms
CFR manuals and forms are available for download from the NYS Education Department Rate Setting Unit’s homepage at http://www.oms.nysed.gov/rsu/Manuals_Forms/Manuals/CFR.html.
Consolidated Fiscal Reporting System (CFRS) Software
All service providers are expected to use CFRS software approved by the CFR Interagency Committee to create the appropriate CFR submission. Additionally, approved CFRS software can be used to create Consolidated Budget Reports (CBRs) and intra-year State Aid claims (CQRs) for the 2008/2009 reporting period. The New York State Office of Mental Health is the sole vendor for the 2008/2009 reporting period.
Service providers are expected to download the software via the Internet. When the NYS-issued CFRS software is approved, it will be available for download at the CFRS Home Page: https://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/cfrsweb/default.asp. As of this date, approval has not yet been issued for the 2008/2009 reporting period.
For assistance with the New York State software, please refer to the CFRS
Home Page and its Table of Contents or the CFRS Software Online HELP function.
If you need additional assistance, please call the Help Desk at
1-800-HELPNYS (if outside of New York State call 518-474-5554); or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The certifying/funding State Agencies may also be of assistance (see Section 8 of the CFR Manual for the related telephone numbers).
2008/2009 CFR Due Date(s) and Requests for Extensions
The due date of the 2008/2009 CFR is November 1, 2009. A thirty-day extension will be granted to providers who complete and submit the attached Pre-Approved 30-Day Extension Request form by November 1, 2009 to each applicable State Agency. Submission of the completed Pre-Approved 30-Day Extension Request form via mail or fax will guarantee your 30-day extension. No response to this request will be sent; therefore, you must retain a copy for your files. The pre-approved extension does not apply to the required claiming schedules for all OASAS funded service providers. Please refer to Section 4.0 of the CFR Manual.
The Pre-Approved 30-Day Extension Request form is available for download from the NYS Education Department Rate Setting Unit’s homepage at: http://www.oms.nysed.gov/rsu/Manuals_Forms/Manuals/CFR.html
Note: Submit extension requests only to the State Agencies that fund and/or certify your agency’s programs.
Significant Changes to the CFR Manual, Software and/or Forms for 2008/2009:
- Frequently Asked Questions are now included in Section 8 (General Instructions).
- Schedule DMH-2A has been eliminated.
- In Section 51 (Position Titles and Codes), Position Title Codes 505 (Program Administration Office Worker) and 605 (Agency Administration Office Worker) were modified.
- In the approved CFRS software:
- The service provider’s Chief Executive Officer’s e-mail address is now required (entered on the CFR-i screen)
- The Federal Grants and State Grants lines in CFR-1 (lines 79 and 80), DMH-1 (lines 25 and 26) and DMH-2 (lines 24 and 25) now have several predefined entries. These entries are also delineated in the appropriate sections of the CFR Manual.
- CFR-6, column 9 (Other Benefits) is now completed through the use of a worksheet in CFRS software.
Special Instructions for OASAS Funded and/or Certified Service Providers
1. In Section 38 (Appendix E):
- The following program codes were added:
- 3100 (Regional Prevention Resource Centers)
- 3270 (NY NY III: Post-Treatment Housing)
- 3370 (NY NY III: Housing for Persons at Risk for Homelessness)
- 3470 (Permanent Supported Housing)
- 4045 (Specialized Services Substance Abuse Programs)
- The following program codes were deleted:
0407, 0505, 0940, 0970, 0975, 3540, 3548, and 5060
- The following program codes were moved between service types:
- 0830 (from Prevention to Program Support)
- 0890 (from Program Support to Treatment Support)
- 3551 (from Inpatient to Residential)
2. In Section 47 (Appendix N):
- Funding Source Codes 021 and 029 are no longer valid for OASAS providers.
- Funding Source Codes 003, 011, 025 and 026 were deleted.
3. For estimated claims only, schedules CFR-iii and DMH-3 are no longer required to be submitted to the OASAS claims unit. See the table on page 4.2 (Due Dates) of the CFR Manual for details.
4. The fax number used to submit the Pre-Approved 30-Day Extension Request Form has changed. See the form for details.
Special Instructions for OMH Funded and/or Certified Service Providers
- Section 13 (CFR-1), line 40, now includes the predefined entry, Service Dollars.
- In Section 36 (Appendix C), the descriptions of County 63 and County 64 were revised.
- In Section 39 (Appendix
- The unit of service measurement for programs 6340, 7340 and 8340 was modified.
- The unit of service measurement for program 1310 will change beginning with the reporting period starting 01/01/09. See the note in the program description for details.
- Program Code 0880 was deleted.
- In Section
47 (Appendix N):
- The following OMH Only Funding Source
Codes were added:
- 038M - NASW-NY Training and Education for providers dealing with Veterans
- 038N - Health Care Coverage for Direct Care Workers
- 042 - Federal Medicaid Infrastructure Grant
- 038O - Ohel Children and Family Services
- 540 - Co-Occurring Disorders
- 541 - Managed Care Demonstration Programs
- The following OMH Only Funding Source Codes were deleted: 140E, 140G, 140M, 140N, 140Q, 140R, 140S, 140T, 140U, 140V, 140X.
- The following OMH Only Funding Source Codes were added:
- Section 63 (Appendix DD) has been updated.
Special Instructions for OMRDD Funded and/or Certified Service Providers
If your agency operated a program that was converted to an HCBS Waiver program or if your Medicaid, Mirrored Services or OPTS funding has increased, please be aware that your CFR reporting requirements may have changed. For example: if your agency filed an Abbreviated CFR prior to the conversion, you will now be required to complete a Full CFR; if your combined Medicaid, Mirrored Services or OPTS funding now exceeds $250,000, you must have your CFR certified by a certified public accountant. Please refer to Section 2 of the CFR Manual to determine the type of CFR your agency is required to submit.
The following lists the significant changes for OMRDD providers:
1. Food stamp revenue should now be reported on CFR-1, line 82 (Food Stamps). All purchases made using food stamp revenue should be reported on CFR-1, line 21 (Food).
2. In Section 40 (Appendix G):
- Program Code 0227 (HCBS Prevocational Services) requires To/From Prevocational transportation expense and revenue to be reported in the same manner as the Day Treatment (0200, 0202) and HCBS Day Habilitation (0223 through 0226) To/From transportation expense and revenue. See the HCBS Prevocational Services program description for details.
- Program Code 0236 (HCBS Residential Habilitation, At Home) was added.
NOTE: Use Program Code 0219 for Pre 2/1/09 services. Use Program Code 0236 for services on or after 2/1/09.
3. In Section 47 (Appendix N), Funding Source Code 520 was deleted.
4. In the CFRS software, OMRDD-4, line 22 (Other) now has the predefined entry “All Items <$1,000 Each.”
Special Instructions for SED Funded Service Providers
1. Schedule CFR-1, line 87 is now used to report the revenue received from the Excessive Teacher Turnover Prevention Grants.
2. Schedule SED-1 now includes line number 115 (Actual SEIS or SEIT Units Provided). See Section 32 for reporting instructions.
Submission of the CFR Document
Service providers are expected to submit their completed 2008/2009 CFR electronically via the Internet. Service providers will access the webpage at http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/cfrsweb/default.asp to upload their CFR submission. On a daily basis, the information received is distributed to the appropriate State Agency(ies).
Submission of CFR Certification Pages
Please note that OASAS, OMH, OMRDD and SED currently do not accept electronic certifications or signatures for CFR submissions. Therefore, in addition to transmitting the CFR via the Internet, service providers must also submit signed paper copies of the required certification schedules (CFR-i, CFR-ii/CFR-iiA and CFR-iii) and certified financial statements to each funding State Agency by the due date in the CFR manual. Sending copies of the certification schedules to the County or local DDSO does not fulfill this requirement. Copies of the certification schedules MUST also be sent directly to the state agencies. To determine if Schedules CFR-ii, CFR-iiA, CFR-iii or certified financial statements are required, please refer to Sections 2.0, 6.0, 11.0 and 12.0 of the CFR Manual. Please refer to pages 2.11 and 2.12 of the CFR manual for information on where to send your agency’s CFR certification pages and certified financial statements. Additionally, the Document Control Number (DCN) of your agency’s Internet submission must match the DCN that appears on the paper certification schedules mailed to each funding State Agency.
Submission of Final State Aid Claim Schedules for OASAS
OASAS expects all service providers to prepare State Aid claim schedules using approved Consolidated Fiscal Reporting System (CFRS) software and to file those schedules electronically via the Internet.
Service providers receiving State Aid through a direct contract with OASAS are required to submit paper copies of CFR schedules CFR-i, CFR-iii and DMH-2 to the Bureau of Financial Management in Albany.
Service providers receiving State Aid through a local contract with a county Local Governmental Unit (LGU) should contact the county for their specific county submission requirements.
LGUs are required to submit paper copies of the CFR-i, CFR-iii and DMH-2 schedules for each service provider funded through a local contract to the Bureau of Financial Management in Albany.
Submission of Final State Aid Claim Schedules for OMH
Service providers receiving State Aid through a direct contract with OMH or through a local contract with a county must submit the required claim schedules via the Internet. Service providers receiving State Aid through a local county contract should contact the county for additional county specific submission requirements. No paper copies are sent to the OMH Contract and Claims Unit in Albany, nor are paper copies sent to the OMH Field Office.
Submission of Final State Aid Claim Schedules for OMRDD
Service providers receiving State Aid through a direct contract
with OMRDD are required to submit paper copies of CFR schedules
CFR-i, CFR-iii, DMH-2 and DMH-3 along with an original signature
State Aid Voucher
(AC-1171) to the OMRDD Regional Office or DDSO as applicable.
Service providers receiving State Aid through a local county contract should contact the county for their specific county submission requirements.
Counties are required to submit paper copies of the following materials to the OMRDD Claims Unit in Albany:
- An original signature State Aid Voucher (AC-1171)
- A completed NYC Fiscal Summary (CQR-2)
- CFR-i, CFR-iii, DMH-2 and DMH-3 schedules for each service provider funded through a local contract.
Notification of training dates has been sent to you under separate cover. If you have any questions regarding training dates, please access one of the following websites:
- The SED Rate Setting Unit homepage at http://www.oms.nysed.gov/rsu/home.html or;
- The OMH CFR Unit homepage at http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/finance/train.htm.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the appropriate State Agency listed on page 8.8 of the CFR manual or refer to the CFR Resources listed on page 8.10 of the CFR Manual.
Carlene Coons (OMRDD)
CFR Interagency Committee
cc: Peter LaPan (SED)
Warren D. Moessner, Jr. (OASAS)
Don Berryann (OMH)