Rate Setting Unit
The Rate Setting Unit establishes special education tuition rates for approved programs educating students with disabilities ages 3 to 21 years old who have been enrolled pursuant to articles 81 and 89 of the Education Law. Approved program providers may be private school providers, special act school districts, BOCES, state supported programs, or public school summer school age and preschool programs.
- 2016-17 Special Act Interim Rates are now posted.
- 2016-17 Teacher Certification Grant budget forms are available under Grants. Forms are due November 2, 2016.
- Training dates for the completion of the 2016 CFR are posted. See training/CFR for details and online registration.
- The 2016-17 school age and preschool methodology letters have been posted .
- 2016-17 School Age and Preschool (Centerbased and Integrated) Program Interim Rates are now posted 8/23/2016.
- Updated related service schedules for 2015-16 public school reporting .
- 2016-17 Reimbursable Cost Manual and crosswalk of changes has been posted.
- 2015-16 CFR Manual, Appendices and Forms are now posted.
- 2015-16 CFR Reporting and Claiming transmittal letter has been posted. A summary of notable changes has been provided in the letter. Manual and forms will be posted in the near future.
- 2015-16 Teacher Certification Grant Final Expenditure Reports are due August 1, 2016. See Grants to download reports.
- Training dates in June 2016 in NYC for the completion of the 2015-16 CFR are posted. See training/CFR for details and online registration.
- The 2015-16 Preschool Special Education Itinerant Services (SEIS) Rate Setting Methodology is posted. Regional Rates are also posted. Note: The posted individual SEIS regional rates should not be used for billing for 2015-16. Provider-by-provider individual SEIS rates for 2015-16 will be issued.