Rate Setting Unit
The Rate Setting Unit establishes special education tuition rates for approved programs educating students with disabilities ages 3 to 21 years old who have been enrolled pursuant to articles 81 and 89 of the Education Law. Approved program providers may be private school providers, special act school districts, BOCES, state supported programs, or public school summer school age and preschool programs.
- Training dates in June 2016 in NYC for the completion of the 2015-16 CFR are posted. See training/CFR for details and online registration.
- The 2015-16 Preschool Special Education Itinerant Services (SEIS) Rate Setting Methodology is posted. Regional Rates are also posted. Note: The posted individual SEIS regional rates should not be used for billing for 2015-16. Provider-by-provider individual SEIS rates for 2015-16 will be issued.
- The July 2015 edition of the Reimbursable Cost Manual and crosswalk of changes has been posted. (11/10/15)
- The Calendar Year 2015 CFR Manual and Appendices have been posted. (11/02/2015)
- The Calendar Year 2015 CFR Transmittal letter and forms have been posted. (10/28/2015)
- Tuition Rate Setting Methodology for 2015-16 Preschool Students with Disabilities in Special Class and Special Class in an Integrated Setting Programs has been posted. The computer calculation of tuition rates is currently being tested, hopefully should be ready soon.
- 2015-16 Preschool Centerbased Regional Rates, 1:1 Aides Add On Rates and Preschool Evaluation Rates are posted. [October 1, 2015]
- 2015-16 Teacher Certification Grant Budget application forms are available under Grants. Link
- Calendar Year 2015 CFR Training dates are posted. Please see training/CFR link for details and online registration.
- School Age Methodology has been posted. The computer calculation of tuition rates is being tested before rates can be calculated and processed. Sorry for the delay!
- Preschool 2015-16 centerbased and SEIS program interim tuition rates have been posted.