SEDREF Main Information Page
Welcome to the NYSED SEDREF information page. From this page you can find information about the system data and who to contact for changes.
SEDREF REPORTS -Please click here to access dynamically built standard reports that contain data such as:
Institution contact info - phone, fax, email, url
Administrative contact info - phone, fax, email, url
Physical & mailing addresses for institutions
Also available are reports separating out institutions by different categories.
- Please be aware these reports use pop ups - so adjust your browser settings accordingly (follow instructions at end of document listed above)
- Please contact Cheryl Mitchell if you have questions on how to use these reports once you've had a chance to read through the instructions (link above) and try out the reports. Cheryl may be reached at: (518) 474-7965 or by email at email@example.com
- These reports are accessible via Microsoft IE, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari & Google Chrome
Please remember to come back and re-run a specific report each time you need to use it since the info changes frequently.
Due to the large size of some of these reports, please be patient while the data is dynamically pulled from the Database.
Descriptions for various codes on SEDREF:
If your agency receives federal funds, or wishes to do so, please refer to the following site for information and guidance with regards to Federal Reporting requirements at NYSED: Federal Reporting Guidance and Information
If you are a representative from a School District, Public School, Nonpublic School, Charter School, or BOCES and you need to contact SED for a change in your contact information (including Director of Special Ed), please contact Cheryl Mitchell in the P-12/IRS office for those changes as follows:
- For changes to CEO information for all types of Institutions listed above, the change must be on the Institution's letterhead and can be emailed or faxed.
- For Nonpublic School CFO information, the change must be captured on this CFO form (38.5 KB) or this CFO form in PDF and faxed or emailed.
- For all other contact info changes for the above types of Institutions, the change can be requested via phone, fax, or email.
- Phone # - (518) 474-7965
- Fax # - (518) 474-4351
- email - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for the list of valid location codes for the level 2 Repository, please check the following site: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/sirs/documentation/location-codes.html
The links below are for SEDREF clarification.