SEDREF Main Information Page
Welcome to the NYSED SEDREF information page. From this page you can find information about the system data and who to contact for changes.
SEDREF REPORTS (data refreshed nightly) -
Please click here to access dynamically built standard reports that contain data such as:
Institution contact info - phone, fax, email, URL
Administrative contact info - phone, fax, email, URL
Physical & mailing addresses for institutions
Also available: reports separating institutions by different categories
- Active/Inactive Institutions
- Institution Type and Subtype
- Schools by Grade Organization and more...
Please be aware these reports use pop ups - so adjust your browser settings accordingly (follow instructions at end of document listed above)
Once you've read through the instructions (link above) and tried out the reports, please contact email@example.com if you have further questions.
These reports are accessible via Microsoft IE, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari & Google Chrome
Please remember to come back and re-run a report each time you need it since the database is refreshed nightly and information changes frequently.
Due to the large size of some of these reports, please be patient while the data is dynamically pulled from the Database.
Descriptions for various codes on SEDREF:
If your agency receives federal funds, or wishes to do so, please refer to the following site for information and guidance with regards to Federal Reporting requirements at NYSED: Federal Reporting Guidance and Information
If you are a representative from a School District, Public School, Nonpublic School, Charter School, BOCES, or RIC and you need to contact SED for a change in your contact information (including Director of Special Ed), or for a BOCES virtual location, please proceed as follows:
- For Nonpublic School CFO information, the change must be captured on this CFO form (38.5 KB) or this CFO form in PDF and emailed.
- For all other contact info changes, including CEO, for the above types of Institutions, the change must be on the Institution's letterhead and emailed.
- For questions only - Phone # - (518) 474-7965
- email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The links below are for SEDREF clarification.