Announcements & Memos
For Field Memos
- 12/19/14 - The results of a study on preschool special education tuition reimbursement pursuant to Chapter 545 of the laws of 2013 is now available in the following report: Preschool Tuition Reimbursement Study Report (1,364 KB).
- 8-05-2014 This STAC notice is for RSU as well.
STAC ONLINE EFRT SYSTEM BACK ONLINE
The STAC Online EFRT System is now back online. Due to recurring access issues for some users, the EFRT Presentation Client has been converted to an ASP.NET web interface that doesn't rely on Java. This new version should be compatible with the most recent versions of all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. This change has necessitated a new web address:
Please update your bookmarks accordingly. The functionality of the system should be mostly identical to the functionality of the Java version.
Because the new version of the EFRT Presentation client is now located on a secure server, the first time you access it you might get a message in Firefox about the connection being untrusted. If this is the case, you'll want to add a security exception to your browser:UPDATED 08-12-2014: If you don't have a status bar at the bottom of your web browser, make sure you're using either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox and follow the appropriate solution to Problem #6 on the potential problems page
Click the arrow to the left of "I Understand the Risks", and click the "Add Exception..." button. In the box that pops up, check the box to the left of "Permanently store this exception" and click the "Confirm Security Exception" button.
- Annual Consolidated Fiscal Report Training for Special Education Providers
Security Exception Error as Result of JAVA Update
The most recent version of the JAVA Plug-In automatically assumes that potentially unsafe components should be blocked. As a result, the most recent version of JAVA is not compatible with the SEDFIN (EFRT) Presentation Client.
Some districts, counties and providers are now receiving a Security Exception error when they try to log into the SEDFIN client. This is triggered by the latest version of JAVA.
If you are trying to log onto SEDFIN and are receiving this error, please follow the Security Exception instructions at the bottom of the following link:
STAC Online System - Problems & Solutions Using the STAC GUI Screens
- Before the 2013-14 school year gets started the NYC Office of Auditor General is issuing a warning about purchasing management services and engaging in activities outside the scope of a SEIT program. Please view the announcement (535 KB) from Deputy Auditor General Marlene Malamy.
- This guidance is being provided in response to requests for certain exceptions
to the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education to address issues caused
by the school bus transportation problem in New York City (NYC) in which
some preschoolers were not transported to their preschool special education
programs on one or more days at the beginning of the 2012-13 ten-month school
- To see details click here.
- Please note the 2012-13 Reimbursable Cost Manual's item 12 under Compensation for Personal Services will be implemented beginning in the 2013-14 school year. The provision in 2013-14 Reimbursable Cost Manual will be Compensation paid to an employee(s) for their lunch period is not reimbursable.
- A Technical Memorandum has been issued dated 1/26/12 from the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance announcing a legislative amendment to the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax, which is available at the following link: http://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/memos/mta_mobility/m12_1mctmt.pdf
Please note the exemption of eligible educational institutions effective April 1, 2012.
A joint memorandum from the Offices of Special Education and Operations and Management Services clarifies the relationship needed between preschool programs approved to provide Special Education Itinerant Teacher services to preschool students with disabilities pursuant to section 4410 and the special education teachers providing those services.It is available at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/specialed/publications/SEIT-jointmemo.htm