Rate Setting Unit
The Rate Setting Unit establishes special education tuition rates for approved programs educating students with disabilities ages 3 to 21 years old who have been enrolled pursuant to articles 81 and 89 of the Education Law. Approved program providers may be private school providers, special act school districts, BOCES, state supported programs, or public school summer school age and preschool programs.
- 2012-13 Teacher Certification Grant final reports are available, due to RSU Aug 1, 2013.
- Registration for 2012-13 CFR Training is no longer available for Wed June 5 sessions. Registration for Thurs June 6 sessions is still available.
- CFR Training for 2012-13 filers to be held in NYC June 5-6, 2013. See Training/CFR to register.
- 2012-13 Preschool Evaluation Rates have been published.
- The September 2012 NYC preschool transportation issue is addressed under Announcements/Memos.
- 2012-13 1:1 Teacher Aide Rates Published
- Hurricane Sandy - Resources and guidance
- Please be advised that due to Hurricane Sandy the late filing penalty will not be imposed until January 1, 2013 for all providers required to submit the June 30, 2012 Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR) by December 1, 2012. The late filing penalty is calculated by proportionately reducing reported operations interest expense by the number of days the CFR is late, with a 100% reduction after 90 days late. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Rate Setting Unit at (518) 474-3227.
- Due date for 2012-13 Teacher Certification Grant forms is extended to Dec 1, 2012 due to storm.
- For SED, OMH, OASAS and OPWDD providers the deadline for filing a CFR extension has been extended to Dec 1, 2012 due to Hurricane Sandy.